Back in December 2010 I received a gift: a bottle of 2002 Summit Lake Vineyards, Emily Kestrel Cabernet Sauvignon. I laid it down for a while, and today was a good day to open it. Wow. Opened at its prime, this wine was layered with flavored of dark, ripe fruits - currants and black cherry. Licorice. Definite oak-y characteristics like vanilla and cedar chest. Mmmm. I enjoyed it with fresh filet mignon on the grill, with haricots verts (Thanks, Ross and Michelle!), and grilled red-skinned potatoes ... Oh my! Feeling spoiled.
I paused with each bite to savor. Magnificent. I absolutely love a great cab with a great steak ... thanks, Wilson's Meats (I love this place ... great meat, cut to perfection. They are the best!)
~Written Friday, August 2, 2013
I paused with each bite to savor. Magnificent. I absolutely love a great cab with a great steak ... thanks, Wilson's Meats (I love this place ... great meat, cut to perfection. They are the best!)
~Written Friday, August 2, 2013




No comments:
Post a Comment