Tuesday, 27 August 2013

A Hungarian Wine Adventure ... 2006 Oremus



Before this day, I didn't know how to read a Hungarian wine label.  I had never enjoyed sweet, succulent wines from Hungary; I had never savored the Tokaji blend, of which the primary varietal is Furmint.  

Thanks to my manager, Rich, who did an MBA project a few years back in Hungary, I would never have the great experience of tasting this decadent, dessert-worthy white wine, reminiscent of ice wine or Sauternes, from the Tokaj-Hegyalja region of Hungary.  This bottle was a Christmas gift from Rich, who most-definitely spoiled me with this great bottle (and another which I have not yet cracked!!).  Rich, you rock.

2006 Vega Sicilia Oremus is lovely, even exceptional.  Toffee, caramel, cooked apricots and and figs...mmmmm.  Can't wait to go to Hungary and tour a vineyard!  Loved sipping the Oremus from my fancy Lenox dessert wine/dessert wine glasses, and savoring the sweetness!


No comments:

Post a Comment