Independence Day really gets one thinking...We are so blessed for not even knowing what it's like not to be free. Wow.
I'm sitting here, full of delightful summer foods and beverages, not worrying about a thing. I can honestly say that I am truly grateful that it is possible. I am thankful and aware.
We enjoyed ribs with homemade BBQ sauce, salad with local lettuce, and 2009 La Merika Pinot Noir (~$15, easy-to-find, and big-bodied (for Pinot Noir)... after all, it is a true new-world California Pinot). The spice (cloves!), vanilla, and cherry characteristics paired well with the smoky grilled meat. In the grand scheme of things, La Merika 20090 Pinot Noir is medium-bodied, round, and well-balanced, especially at the reasonable price-point.
Also tasted the homemade goat cheese I made on Monday using local raw goat's milk. We tried it two ways: plain on toasts, and baked with fresh herbs from the garden on toasts. Woah yum. I will be making this often! Time for fireworks soon?



No comments:
Post a Comment