Monday, 1 July 2013

Summer: Local Everything, Homemade Chèvre. Sauvignon Blanc. Fireflies are out!

It was a local night...except the wine.  Tonight I made chèvre from raw goat's milk.  It is my first time making chèvre, and it is so easy!  I'm excited.  Will be ready as-soon-as tomorrow, and I will keep it for the 4th of July celebration ... join me?!

Not only that, we had a completely local and home-grown dinner!  Fresh everything ... grilled pork, with new red potatoes from the garden, with parsley from the garden, and local cauliflower and broccoli medley.  I love summer.  The fireflies are out in full-force, and it is warm and gorgeous.  

As for the wine, I pulled out a bottle of The Secretary Bird Sauvignon Blanc, a South African 2011.  It was crisp and citrus-y.  I bought several bottles on Chairman's Selection for around $10/bottle ... valued around double that.  Affordable delight.  I would have enjoyed a Chardonnay as much with this meal, as the pork is lean and could handle a wine that is butterier.  

I am content with this Monday night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment