Saturday, 13 July 2013

Chapter 1 of Birthday: Back in May ...

Had a birthday recently...one that we started celebrating around Memorial Day, and finished celebrating before the 4th of July.

Soooo ...I've thought a lot about getting older.  I welcome your thoughts, in whatever direction they go.  I havea ton of wine blogging to catch up on over the birthday extravaganza.  I think breaking it into parts is most effective. 

Chapter 1:  Memorial Day weekend with mom.
  My awesome mom-in-law came to visit, and brought per-birthday gifts!  Yah ... Not so thrilled about being older, but wine as a gift helps soften the blow.  She gave me a BearBoat Pinot Noir that I am excited about!  I actually have not had this wine before, somehow!  I anticipate traditional Russian River Valley Pinot characteristics ... bolder, bigger-bodied than it's Burgundy counterparts, with cherries, perhaps strawberries, and a bit of glorious earthiness.  This Pinot is readily-available, so grab a bottle to try with me, and stay tuned!
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment