Monday, 22 July 2013

Chapter 5 of Birthday: the Last Hurrah with the Merry's and Rohm & Haas Gals

Bear with me...the birthday blogs are wrapping up ... now!

Late in June was the last hurrah of the birthday saga, with a visit to one of my faves ... Media, PA!  Ed and Terri's new abode is absolutely lovely; I am so happy that they were able to make a relatively smooth and successful transition.

Not only did I get to see my parents, I had a fabulous visit with my Rohm and Haas girls!  (Funny I still refer to them as "RH gals") ... they have become truly dear friends through the years.  We had a wonderful time on our spa day - pool time, massages, mani/pedis, delish foods and bevvies.  Yay!  Loved the day, Keeli, Michelle, Mel, and Jen!

Dinner with the family at Ariano.  Instead of wine, we had mixed drinks - Ariano did a fabulous twist on the vodka martini, serving it with olives stuffed 3-ways: blue cheese, pimento, and prosciutto; there have rarely been times in my life when there has been meat in my beverage.  lol.  It was enjoyable.  Fantastic food - I had grilled salmon and gorgeous white asparagus.  I do like everything about this place - except that it isn't BYOB every day anymore....
We had birthday (divine, chocolate) cake back at the house, with the whole-9-yards ... Ms. Alyse played Happy Birthday via baby grand - fabulous.  Terri selected the perfect gift: a Limited scarf and gift card ... which I have already used on a mini-shopping spree 2 weeks ago!  

Wonderful family, wonderful close to the birthday season. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment