Sunday, 28 April 2013

Southend Brewery, Charleston

I visited Southend Brewery during a recent trip to Charleston to celebrate my brother Chris' marriage to Joelle!  What a lovely wedding weekend.

The stop-in at Southend was a pleasant bonus.  I tasted a few, and settled on their stout ... Pict's.  I typically prefer big-bodied beers with A LOT going on; Pict's was not that.  :)   It was quite good, though ...very typical English style stout;, all of the beers I tasted at Southend were English in style.  I really liked how the beers were unfiltered; less processing with a distinct, deliberate cloudiness.  Pict's was light-medium-bodied, with roasts malts, bit of chocolate, coffee, and chicory. The food at Southend was great, in my opinion. I had grilled salmon on a salad, which was cooked to perfection. Ryan's,burger was "the best he's had in a long time, close to Coco's (Philly) excellence". Well done, Southend.

We had a lovely stay in Charleston. Congrats Chris and Joelle! Glad we checked out Southend when we has the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment