Monday, 28 April 2014

New Brewery in State College ... Happy Valley Brewing Company is a Winner

Tsar Bomba: Russian Imperial
Lately, I have been meeting-and-greeting with Happy Valley Brewing Company.  So fun.  This place makes outstanding beer!  Being the malty flavor-seeker I am, I migrated towards their robust, full-bodied selections: the Scotia (BIG and delish Scotch Ale!), Tsar Bomba (Russian Imperial to be reckoned with!), and the Headknocker Barleywine ... complex and warming.

The big boys are not for everyone.  :)    So, I shall comment on the other varieties from HVBC ...

We did a sampler ... I believe that, by now, I have tried most of their brews.  The IPAs and Pale Ales are true-to-form, and impressive to IPA experts.  The "Family", as they call it, is their standard draft list comprised of beautifully-crafted concoctions, including a lovely brown ale, stout, pale ale, loftbier, and ipa.

Yay for another decent brewery in Centre County; I have no doubt the local clientele are eager and satisfied! The place is hopping most nights of the week.  Typical me, I prefer the slower time of day; try them at lunch on a weekend for a chill, enjoyable vibe.  Scoot up to the bar on a bench for two, and order your favorite libations.  Cheers!

P.S.  The Mac and Cheese is absolutely phenomenal ... not that I eat that kind of thing.  Also, the whole fish (trout) I've had twice already, and would order again any day.  Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment