Saturday, 19 April 2014

I Love Pinocchio's Beer Garden ... Firestone DBA: Imperial Special Bitter


Thanks, Pinocchio's.  Thanks, Dan.  

At the start of the year, we spent a little time in our favorite hometown (and everybody's, for that matter): Media, Pennsylvania.  We went to our favorite place in the world to buy-and-try diverse beers: Pinocchio's Beer Garden.

We ended up having an amazing experience with their chief beer officer (CBO), as I refer to him now: Dan.  It was an educational and delicious experience, that Sunday afternoon.


I left with a few exceptional bottles, including the Limited Release Firestone Double DBA Imperial Special Bitter, 2013 Vintage.  I cracked it opened in late March, 2014.


The Firestone Imperial DBA was amazing, and a bit cloyingly sweet ...little touch of hops.  Butterscotch, maple syrup, toasted coconut, more butterscotch.  Dessert to some; just regular joy-in-a-glass for me.


(January 4, 2014, March 29, 2014, April 19, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment