Saturday, 3 May 2014

Economy Class Wine Just Got Better ... Cheers, United.

Economy class just got a whole lot better, from a wine quality perspective.  Thanks (and kind of "no thanks"), United!  It is with mixed feelings that I write this post.  As of this year, United now charges for wine on international coach flights.  Sad, United.  I've been traveling a lot internationally, so I am especially aware of this subject!

Anyway, my bitterness decreased when I took a flight that carries premium selection ... What a difference! Kudos, United.  Ok, so I am not "special", but I will pay for decent beverages.  Thanks.

The Meiomi Pinot Noir is a quaffable combination of Pinot grapes from 3 California regions: Sonoma ... bright fruits and berries, Santa Barbara ... bit of spice, and Monterey ... depth and texture.  Young, yet enjoyable. While it doesn't match business or first class selections, there is a degree of quality to this selection.

Cheers to the most decent economy class wine I've had in a long time.  Thanks, United Airlines, for the choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment