Pour a glass of Malbec ... and grill something!
Grilled stuff and Malbec is rarely a poor match, generally-speaking. I've tried everything with Malbec ... from grilled lamb, to steaks, to BBQ chicken, to tofu!
(As an aside: I mentioned BBQ chix ... regarding BBQ sauces, my OTC choice is Bullseye, especially Carolina-style. Though, Ryan makes a mean, homemade variety, that trumps the rest.)
We got a new grill this year ... a Weber Genesis Premium Edition, made in the USA! My mission is to learn the art of grilling this season. Let's see how I do...
Sooooo anyway, pour a Malbec. If your not a grilling type, try it with hard, strong cheese. Mmmm. Any way you slice it, it's difficult to go wrong.
In most of the world, Malbec is reserved for blending. Though, in Cahors, France, and Argentina, Malbec is the primary varietal, showcased in stellar wines.
This past week, I tried a relatively basic Malbec, that seems to fall into the ~$10-$15 range, called Graffigna (2011), unsurprisingly from Argentina. Very decent: dark fruits, toasty, black pepper ... smooth finish. You won't be disappointed by the affordability and quality of this lovely Malbec.
Grilled stuff and Malbec is rarely a poor match, generally-speaking. I've tried everything with Malbec ... from grilled lamb, to steaks, to BBQ chicken, to tofu!
(As an aside: I mentioned BBQ chix ... regarding BBQ sauces, my OTC choice is Bullseye, especially Carolina-style. Though, Ryan makes a mean, homemade variety, that trumps the rest.)
We got a new grill this year ... a Weber Genesis Premium Edition, made in the USA! My mission is to learn the art of grilling this season. Let's see how I do...
Sooooo anyway, pour a Malbec. If your not a grilling type, try it with hard, strong cheese. Mmmm. Any way you slice it, it's difficult to go wrong.
In most of the world, Malbec is reserved for blending. Though, in Cahors, France, and Argentina, Malbec is the primary varietal, showcased in stellar wines.
This past week, I tried a relatively basic Malbec, that seems to fall into the ~$10-$15 range, called Graffigna (2011), unsurprisingly from Argentina. Very decent: dark fruits, toasty, black pepper ... smooth finish. You won't be disappointed by the affordability and quality of this lovely Malbec.



No comments:
Post a Comment