I never actually thought I would be saying this, but Hawaiian wine is ono! (Translate: "delicious" in Hawaiian language.)

Lucky for me, Jess has good taste in birthday gifts and knew if she got me a Hawaiian wine, I would treasure it, embrace it, taste it, and blog it!
I didn't even know there was wine made in Hawaii until my little sis moved there and started asking me when I was going to blog about a Hawaiian wine. Sorry, Jessie! These wines were just not on my radar until now.

Lucky for me, Jess has good taste in birthday gifts and knew if she got me a Hawaiian wine, I would treasure it, embrace it, taste it, and blog it!
I was gifted with a gorgeous, big gift for my birthday last year (June 2013): bottle #181 out of 399 produced of the 2010 Volcano Winery Limited Edition Pinot Noir. Whew! Did a little research, and decided to let this one hang out for a while. A year later, and I was ready for a taste ...
On the nose, this is definitely not 100% "typical" Pinot Noir; it was a little smokey, with ashy earthiness. Volcano's Pinot Noir was light-to-medium body, with fresh, ripe cherries on the palate, and hints of oak. It was a well-suited pair for a delicious filet of wild caught sockeye salmon, grilled to perfection.
Mahalo, Jess! Mahalo, Volcano Winery!
On the nose, this is definitely not 100% "typical" Pinot Noir; it was a little smokey, with ashy earthiness. Volcano's Pinot Noir was light-to-medium body, with fresh, ripe cherries on the palate, and hints of oak. It was a well-suited pair for a delicious filet of wild caught sockeye salmon, grilled to perfection.
Mahalo, Jess! Mahalo, Volcano Winery!


No comments:
Post a Comment