Monday, 23 December 2013

Merry Monks and the 49ers!

I must admit, I started this Christmas season feeling overwhelmed with stress.

Once we were out of the house and full-swing into the holiday madness and fun, things feel calmer!

A wonderful weekend in Philly, celebrating Aunt Bev, Annaliese, Alyse, enjoying time with the Merry's, and meeting Mr. Julian!  Wow ... So fun and lovely!

Arrival to Dad and June's ... Fantastic times, starting with some overdue catch-up and Merry Monks from Weyerbacher.  A wonderful night with holiday cheer and warmth.  Ken and June are magic!

Merry Monks is so festive, with true characteristics of a Belgian Tripel ... bananas, spices, carmel, loveliness.

Annnnnd ... It happens to be 9-er night, the last game at Candlestick Park!  After sharing a Merry Monk, we broke out a Troegenator for the game.  I love this malty doppelbock from Troegs Brewing Company; it's a delicious strong lager - rich and bready.  Historically, monks would drink this strong ale to get them through periods of fasting, as it was heavy and hearty.  A 



No comments:

Post a Comment