It is no secret that I really love pairing wine and cheese. Occasionally, after a busy day like today, I like to indulge in an adventurous cheese plate and anticipated wine. There are several bottles in my cellar that I am eager to open. Tonight I pulled out a great value ... Highwire Cabernet ($38, bought on Chairman's Selection months ago for ~$15), to match with my stinky cheeses.
With my recent travels in France till so fresh, and I became a bit nostaglic, contemplating the amazing cheeses and wines I had there, many which you can't find here- and if you do, they cost a fortune. So spoiled. So blessed. Anyway, since my French favorites are far, far away, I concentrated on what I have close by...
I enjoyed this medium-full-bodied cab with a selection of cheeses from Trader Joe's, State College, which carries a respectable selection of tasty, potent fromage, without killing your wallet. Highwire 2011 Cab is loaded with red fruits, and oak-induced hints of vanilla and chocolate.
Cheers, friends.
With my recent travels in France till so fresh, and I became a bit nostaglic, contemplating the amazing cheeses and wines I had there, many which you can't find here- and if you do, they cost a fortune. So spoiled. So blessed. Anyway, since my French favorites are far, far away, I concentrated on what I have close by...
I enjoyed this medium-full-bodied cab with a selection of cheeses from Trader Joe's, State College, which carries a respectable selection of tasty, potent fromage, without killing your wallet. Highwire 2011 Cab is loaded with red fruits, and oak-induced hints of vanilla and chocolate.
Cheers, friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment