Monday, 23 May 2011

Celebration. A Beer Blog!


Term 3 finished- and I thought it couldn't get crazier after Term 2. HA. I know now that I was quite disillusioned. With more team member uncertainty, an INSANE workload, career changes, plus "normal" life...it has been one heck of a 9 weeks!

We turned in our massive 113 page project yesterday, and I headed directly to the city to meet friends and celebrate. No wine was consumed upon which to blog, but some VERY high caliber beers were enjoyed.

I started with Russian River Damnation (don't be frightened by the pic!): a delicious and traditional Belgian strong ale...one of my favorite types for any time of year, especially cool spring days. (Also seems that its name is quite representative of my life at the moment! j/k....maybe!)

Next, I moved to my favorite genre of brews...Russian imperial stout! Victory's Storm King hit the spot! A great beer to sip and savor...packing in TONS of hoppiness, balanced with toasty malts. Thank goodness they poured a small glass- at over 9% ABV, it certainly packs a punch!

Onward to Eulogy for dinner! This was one of our favorite hangouts when we lived in the city, and we always love to go back for some good food and Belgian brew. I tried one of Ryan's favorite traditional tripels: Tripel Karmeliet, from Brouwerij Bosteels (try saying THAT 3 times fast!). It was everything a lovely Belgian tripel should be...spicy, sweet, coriander, cloves. YUM.

Afterwards, we headed to The Cars show with M&C. The band was fabulous live and reunited. Rock on guys...and CHEERS!
_________________________
Next up...all this talk of Godiva calls for a wine and chocolate tasting...don't you think?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment