Monday, 3 January 2011

How Did I do on My Goals for Winter Break?...and a Bit of Wine

How Did I do on My Goals for Winter Break?

Not too bad. Certainly not 100%, but not too bad. :)

But first- HAPPY 2011! WOW!

To Recap:

-Picked up a book and read for pure enjoyment (The Story of My Life, Giacomo Casanova)
-Goal during break: finish the book

-I didn’t finish Casanova’s Autobiography, but I got about halfway through. I will continue (slowly), as time allows (haha- what time?!).

-Picked up my guitar and tried to remember my chords
-Goal during break: learn 1-2 (easy) Christmas songs for my own personal sing-along!]

-Picked up the lovely Seagull guitar a few times, but can't say I mastered any songs. Was concentrating too much on singing! Desperately want to prioritize this- will keep it on my radar screen this term.

-Researched local non-profits
-Goal during break: Volunteer at a non-profit org I haven't worked with before.

-I recruited my hubby and parents; we prepared a bunch of music, and went caroling (Ry on guitar accompaniment!) at a retirement home in Carlisle area. It was such a wonderful experience, that we are going to try to make a yearly tradition out of it! (Also on my volunteer list is Project Share of Carlisle area.)

-Most importantly: started reaching out to friends and family that I've horrendously ignored for the past 4 months
Goal during break: Ensure that all appropriate persons know how much I love and miss them! Prepare them to be neglected once again in January.

-Visited lots of close Ones, but didn't see all of you. Let's keep trying...

-AND ALSO quite important...wrote a blog! I've been DYING to blog ever since Thanksgiving! I've tried some great wines, and it's high time I told you about it!
Goal during break: At least 2 blogs per week for the next 3 weeks!

-Wrote quite a lot. I hope I didn’t bore you too much! I also cataloged my "wine cellar" (...which is in quotes because it's not much of anything, but I was feeling bad for not knowing when to crack open some of these interesting wines I've got over the past few years...time to take control!) This was actually quite a task, but at least now I have a spreadsheet to work from. hehe!

Perhaps too ambitious, but you know me...

Was certainly too ambitious. Oh well, there were loads of other things to be doing, and I feel like the time went by in a flurry! Back to school and work today. Three classes, ten weeks, bring it.

OK! On to the wine...I'm finishing up a few blogs I've started: one on Malbec; one on screwcapped wines - past, present, future; and one on Canary Islands wines. Will post later this week. Back to homework! :)

Happy New Year, all! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment