Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Surprise! Winemaking at Home!













You may know that I'm married to a brewmaster. Besides being a brewmaster, he's also a lovely person who has given me THE BEST birthday gift (Yes, it's taken us a few months to sort it all out!!). It's a great gift because it's a project we can work together, AND he seriously has to make a sacrifice to make it happen...WOW! He researched wine-making, and told me we were going to make a wine using his brewing equipment, and purchase whatever else we need. We evaluated all of the different varietals and blends, and decided to stick with the basics!

(Drumroll, please.......!) Our first wine will be a 100% Cabernet Sauvignon! I am super-thrilled! (Just FYI- I was torn between making a Cab and a Malbec...decided on the Cab for the first go! Didn't even think about doing my other favorite (Pinot Noir)...too finicky). Please admire photos. I will keep you informed as we go. It is so amazing to understand this process FIRSTHAND...such a rich experience!

Now, I need your help with WINERY NAMES!!! Please email me or post suggestions. I need creative help! xo

We did drink a lovely Meritage blend whilst making wine (phase 1/2). I will write my thoughts on this ASAP! Cheers, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment