A special day ... the christening of the new Le Creuset! Mmmm - boeuf bourguignon. Yes, please.
So, obviously it was necessary for me to crack open a special Cabernet tonight, to go along with it. A lovely bottle of 2006 Clare Luce Abbey Cabernet Sauvignon has been hanging around in my cellar for several years. I bought it probably 4 years ago, and thought it may have doubled in value since then; after I opened it, I googled it today and found it has since quadrupled in value.
Ryan had just checked on the boeuf bourguignon, and I poured and handed him a glass of Clare Luce Abbey. He swirled it several times and was immediately intrigued (it takes a lot for him to be impressed by a wine, these days!). Now, he is begging to find where we can get more.
This delicious, full-bodied Cab has aromas of tobacco, with baking spices like cardamom and clove. The palate is filled with flavors of blackberry and espresso, and everything Cabernet, just like I like. It is absoultely smooooooth, with delicate texture and soft tannins, perfect for pairing with braised meats!
I won't be mentioning the 49ers game. :...(
Santé!

So, obviously it was necessary for me to crack open a special Cabernet tonight, to go along with it. A lovely bottle of 2006 Clare Luce Abbey Cabernet Sauvignon has been hanging around in my cellar for several years. I bought it probably 4 years ago, and thought it may have doubled in value since then; after I opened it, I googled it today and found it has since quadrupled in value.
Ryan had just checked on the boeuf bourguignon, and I poured and handed him a glass of Clare Luce Abbey. He swirled it several times and was immediately intrigued (it takes a lot for him to be impressed by a wine, these days!). Now, he is begging to find where we can get more.
This delicious, full-bodied Cab has aromas of tobacco, with baking spices like cardamom and clove. The palate is filled with flavors of blackberry and espresso, and everything Cabernet, just like I like. It is absoultely smooooooth, with delicate texture and soft tannins, perfect for pairing with braised meats!
I won't be mentioning the 49ers game. :...(
Santé!


No comments:
Post a Comment