Day 3 of post-grad has been a winner! I discovered a magnificent , local fromage today! Our best find at the Boalsburg farmer's market is lovingly called "Scary Monster"...hell yeah! The farmer lady actually called me brave/hardcore...i may actually be a bit flattered! It's a dense and stinky chain of Muenster, I think. Nice.
Paired it with one of my standbys...MERRYvale Cab (2008). Black fruits, oakiness, tannins. We shared a gorgeous porterhouse from our local butcher shop, and some fresh broccoli with organic shallots from a local farm. Wow, what a culinary dream night. Ryan had a piece of our homemade blackberry pie, with psu creamery butter pecan ice cream for dessert. Alternatively, I had (another) taste of cheese and wine...surprise, surprise.
Tonight we order my first supplies for cheese-making; new adventures abound.
Paired it with one of my standbys...MERRYvale Cab (2008). Black fruits, oakiness, tannins. We shared a gorgeous porterhouse from our local butcher shop, and some fresh broccoli with organic shallots from a local farm. Wow, what a culinary dream night. Ryan had a piece of our homemade blackberry pie, with psu creamery butter pecan ice cream for dessert. Alternatively, I had (another) taste of cheese and wine...surprise, surprise.
Tonight we order my first supplies for cheese-making; new adventures abound.



Dinner sounds lovely!! Tell me more about your cheese making plans!! I have a bit of (basic) experience in the area and can't wait to learn from you. xo!
ReplyDelete