A sad thing happened, and I lost a gorgeous post I had started on the past month's wine experiences. So, I'm starting over...
It has been an absolutely amazing month. From wine-making (bottling) in PA (yes, I need to post a blog on that!), to 10ish days in France (I hope you liked my first Frenchie post last week!), to fine dining/wining in Texas and Arizona, and Texas again! Wow. I've got loads of new material to work with! It's killing me that I can't focus 100% on wine blogging! Ahh! Here is a little post to keep you inspired. (By the way- some of you have emailed me recently with wine stories of your own. I plan to incorporate your thoughts and stories into the blog. So stay tuned!)
Let's start with Darioush. Quite possibly a new personal favorite from my last trip to Houston. Wow! Seriously, you can't go wrong with such a fine selection!
This is a beauty....a special big-bod Napa cab. Med-rare filet mignon from Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, with oak-y, voluptuous cabernet...life is good. (Am I the only one who describes wine as voluptuous? This is why you love me.
The bottle itself weighs double that of any other wine bottle. It's crazy massive!
Big black fruits, fabulous oak characters (coffee, chocolate, cigars). Beautiful perfection. I could sniff and swirl for hours.

No comments:
Post a Comment