Monday, 26 April 2010

Introductions...

According to my best friend, it's best to start a new beginning (such as this) with a Haiku.

Unfortunately, I suck at Haikus. So why don't we start here instead?
******************************************************
I'm a novice wine enthusiast...an unpretentious, curious, and appreciative lover of wine.

It's that simple.

I completed the Foundation Certificate Program at the Philadelphia Wine School, but certainly don't claim to know all that much.

I am willing to try anything once, and I don't discriminate based upon price, region, or vareital.

I am fascinated when I think of wine as a living thing - slightly changing from day to day. I love tasting wine with others, because it is so interesting to hear people express what they smell and taste. It's so personal! Relating the scent to a memory from childhood: suade, bananas, tobacco, Luden's Cherry Cough Drops. Wow. Much of the experience is neither right nor wrong...it just is.

Let me know your thoughts. If we are willing to listen and share, we are able to learn from each other. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Luscious reds, crisp whites,
    The other half of a meal,
    Or delightful treat

    Amazing idea!!! We should write to complement each other!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete