As we all know, I was somewhat of a blogging slacker during the MBA. Several times, I experienced gorgeous wines that I wanted to talk about, but didn't get the chance. Beatty Ranch Cab (2002) is one of those. Aggressive is an appropriate descriptor. Loads of cherries and plums, blackberries, raspberries, and typical Cab traits like green pepper. I even got some olive on the nose...nice. I got a great price on this wine when it was a Chairman's Selection a few years ago...something like $25. This vintage is now selling for $80 per bottle. What a treat. Wednesday, 3 October 2012
An Ideal Cab... (flash back!)
As we all know, I was somewhat of a blogging slacker during the MBA. Several times, I experienced gorgeous wines that I wanted to talk about, but didn't get the chance. Beatty Ranch Cab (2002) is one of those. Aggressive is an appropriate descriptor. Loads of cherries and plums, blackberries, raspberries, and typical Cab traits like green pepper. I even got some olive on the nose...nice. I got a great price on this wine when it was a Chairman's Selection a few years ago...something like $25. This vintage is now selling for $80 per bottle. What a treat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment