THREE lovely bottles of wine: the first for our 1 year anniversary (enjoyed over BYOB dinner in Philly!); the second for our 5th anniversary (to be enjoyed over BYOB dinner tomorrow night!!); and the third, collecting cobwebs in my cellar for 5 MORE years, to be enjoyed in 2016 (holy crap that seems bizarre!).
So, I have been anxiously awaiting the five year bottle...this 2003 Chateauneuf-du-Pape...gorgeous Red Rhone wine. This region is just alongside the area towards the south of France, where I studied many years back. One well-known town in the region is Avignon. I anticipate a Grenache/Syrah type blend, since this region is known for those, and other less-common varietals (Cinsault, etc).
So, I have been anxiously awaiting the five year bottle...this 2003 Chateauneuf-du-Pape...gorgeous Red Rhone wine. This region is just alongside the area towards the south of France, where I studied many years back. One well-known town in the region is Avignon. I anticipate a Grenache/Syrah type blend, since this region is known for those, and other less-common varietals (Cinsault, etc).
We're going to a French place we haven't tried before in Kennett Square. Details to follow!!

No comments:
Post a Comment